Welcome to the section of the website where you can find out more about the school’s governors, and the work that we do. You can also read the minutes from our meetings.
Our main role is to support the Headteacher and the staff – the phrase often used to describe this role is ‘a critical friend’. We help them to set and reach targets and to strive for excellence across the whole spectrum of school life.
Our legal duties include:-
- setting strategic direction, policies and objectives
- approving the school budget
- reviewing progress against the school's budget and objectives
- appointing, challenging and supporting the headteacher
We are committed to providing an excellent environment for all pupils to enjoy during their time at our school.
At the Raleigh school, our goal is to inspire independence and nurture a life-long love of learning, in a bid to develop pro-active and responsible citizens.
Raleigh School Governing Body 2016 - 2017
- Mrs C Handley Chair of Governors / Parent Governor
- Mrs F O'Neill Headteacher / Staff Governor
- Mr M Annesley Trust Appointed Governor
- Mrs J Atkinson Parent Governor
- Mr G Bright Parent Governor
- Mrs S Davies Trust Appointed Governor
- Mr P Hill Staff Governor
- Mrs S Jane Trust Appointed Governor
- Mrs Light Staff Governor
- Mrs S Lillywhite Trust Appointed Governor
- Mr E Littlewood Parent Governor
- Dr B Nash Trust Appointed Governor
- Rev R Pittarides Trust Appointed Governor
- Mrs M Pollitt Trust Appointed Governor
- Mrs N Rapley Staff Governor
- Mr C Roberts Parent Governor
- Mr C Tuckett Staff Governor
Governors attend training sessions and seminars to help us keep up to date with changes in schools and education and to help us do our job effectively. We also go into school to meet with the Headteacher, other members of staff and pupils to help us find out how the school is progressing towards its targets.
If you wish to know more, or are interested in becoming a governor, please contact us care of the School Office or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.